The sustainable development goals (SDGs) were introduced by the United Nations with the ultimate goal to create a sustainable future for all. Wildlife SOS takes pride in aligning ourselves with the SDGs and working dedicatedly in the following areas from the past 25 years:
- Wildlife conservation by rescuing, rehabilitating and offering long-term medical care and treatment to abused elephants, sloth bears and leopards.
- Tribal Rehabilitation Programme by focusing on providing alternative and sustainable employment to the Kalandars when the dancing bears were rescued and rehabilitated.
- Women Empowerment by providing vocational training to the women of the Kalandar tribe along with providing them with seed funds to run their own ventures.
- Education for Kalandar children by assisting them with school admissions, fees, stationery and encouraging them to follow their dreams and aspirations.
- Sustainable communities who received rehabilitation packages keeping in mind their entrepreneurial vision and preference in order to make them self-reliant.
- Habitat restoration and conservation to ensure that wild populations of sloth bears, leopards, star tortoises, pangolins, and many more, continue to thrive.
- Partnership with State Forest Departments to raise awareness amongst local communities on human-wildlife conflict mitigation and encouraging co-existence.
Wildlife SOS has achieved accolades in the field of conservation, sustainable development, social justice and environmental activism. (Wildlife SOS Awards)
Wildlife SOS invites corporate organisations from all backgrounds to be a part of the life-changing work by Corporate Employee Engagement or by donating funds to our organisation:
- Wildlife SOS has established rescue centres across the country and works closely with the State Forest Department;
- There is complete transparency and accountability in the work that we do;
- Unique experience in working with animals who have been rescued from abusive situations and suffer immense trauma;
- Creation of operational models for corporates to follow and align themselves with.